Sunday, October 18, 2015

Bodega Taqueria Kicks Off Football Fiesta Sundays!





NFL season means spending the next twenty something Sundays catching the game at one of the following:

A) the stadium
B) home, in front of the TV
C) a sports bar
or...
D) a taqueria!

Yep. That's right, a taqueria is correct. Let me explain: one of my favorite taco joints in Miami, Bodega, just launched Football Fiesta, a weekly sports party that takes place in the taqueria's hidden speakeasy bar, where football fans can watch the game and enjoy drink and food specials.

Even though I'm not much of a football fan (soccer has always been more my thing), I had the opportuntiy to check out their first fiesta this past Sunday, and I totally loved it! 

To my surprise, the event doesn't take place in the front of the restaurant but in the back, in the hidden speakeasy bar, which transforms into a cool, daytime lounge with massive TV screens, perfect to catch the game. 

In addition to the great vibe of the place, what I enjoyed the most were their amazing food and drink specials, including $2 tacos al pastor, chicken chilaquiles and guacamole. At only $6 a pop, their cocktails are also a steal (and we all know how good those are!). 

Plus, each time the Dolphins score a touch down, you get a free shot of tequila! Now, that's what I call a Sunday Funday! 

If you are into football, tacos, or daytime drinking, I totally recommend checking out this new weekly event! 

Salud!

Football Fiesta takes place in Bodega every NFL Sunday from noon to 4 pm.

R&R Cocktail (Leblon Cachaca Rum, Lucid Absinthe, Lime, Raspberries, Rose Water) + Taco al Pastor


El Nino - Bombay Dry Gin, Amaro Montenegro, Cointreau, Cinnamon, Lemon, Pineapple
Pigs in an empanada - genious!
One of Bodega's new drinks: the Peach Fuzz - Belvedere Vodka, M&R Peach-Infused Bianco Vermouth, Brewed ICed Tea, Lemon, Honey, Bolivar Bitters

No comments:

Post a Comment