Friday, May 1, 2015

Event Recap: Veritage Miami Wine Tasting at Merrick Park



A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to attend the 20th annual Veritage Miami, a four day food and wine extravaganza that attracted more than 3,500 people to benefit the South Florida Community through United Way of Miami Dade. This organization is known not only for its fabulous events, but also, for supporting the community through programs focused on health, financial stability and education. 

After hearing all the buzz about their kick off events, I decided to join the festivities myself and attend their Fine Wine Tasting at Merrick Park, where more than 65 wine producers and importers lined San Lorenzo Avenue, displaying a collection of 300 wines from around the world, alongside Miami’s most celebrated restaurants and caterers.

I must say, having attended my fair share of food and wine festivals in Miami throughout the years, this is by far one of the best curated ones I've ever been to. The wines were impeccably selected and included some of my favorites like Moet Chandon and Piper Heidsieck Champagne, as well as some new discoveries from the South of France, like Chateau Pigoudet and Chateau Barbeiranne

Participating restaurants and their signature dishes were up to par with the wine, some of my faves including the much acclaimed Piripi, which served an addictive black paella (yes, I even had to go back to the restaurant for more the next day!), the Buns and Buns bourbon glazed pork belly bun, and the winner of that night's People's Choice Award: the pork terrine on buttermilk biscuit from Uvaggio Wine

After experiencing Veritage Miami for the first time, I can say that this is definitely an event that I would attend again in years to come. If you had a chance to go, let me know what you thought about it in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment