Monday, April 13, 2015

La Veinte Cafe & Deli, A Little Piece of Paradise in Brickell


Last week, I introduced you to one of my favorite spots for a time efficient lunch in Brickell. This week, I thought it'd be appropriate to show you something a bit different, the place I go to when I want to hide from it all, and enjoy a nice relaxing lunch. The only problem with telling you about it is that... it won't be my little secret anymore! But hey, as long as you don't tell anyone else, we are good.

We all know about Brickell's high end Mexican resto, Cantina La Veinte. But few people know about their outdoor cafe on the side. This little corner of paradise has, quite possibly, one of the best water views within the financial district. I love coming here after one of those crazy mornings at work, when I need to take some time to sit down, relax and enjoy a tasty lunch. The cafe serves the same tacos from Cantina  that we've come to love, but also offers espresso drinks, panini, and baked goods in a much smaller and cozier setting.

But the star of the place, the reason that keeps me coming for more, is the horchata. Ever had horchata before? If not, you are in for a treat. This cinnamon infused rice milk is a traditional Mexican beverage, and tastes just like one of my favorite desserts: "arroz con leche" (rice pudding). Cantina's horchata is homemade, and served with slices of strawberry, and -warning- is highly addictive. On my last visit, I had one on my own, and another half with boyfriend! And mind you, this is a drink made of RICE. A little bomb in a glass, but totally worth every calorie.

Next time you have an hour and a half to spare for lunch in Brickell, make it a point to try Cantina's deli cafe. I have a feeling that you'll love it!

Outdoor seating overlooking the water + homemade horchata = <3
Truffle French fries
Cantina La Veinte's traditional fish tacos
Simple, but perfect: prosciutto and mozzarella panini with olive tapenade
Hmmmmm... horchata!
Lovely outdoor seating with a view
Indoor seating also available... perfect for those hot Summer months
Cute little market with specialty products and  Mexican goods
I just can't get enough of this view!

Cantina La Veinte is located at 495 Brickell Ave, Miami (in the back of the building) Cantina la Veinte on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment