Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top 3 Reasons to Try Macchialina's Brunch Menu

One of the things that I love about Miami is the way that the many cultures permeate the culinary scene, and brunch is not the exception. Last weekend, I decided to shake up my brunch routine and try Macchialina Taverna Rustica’s Italian take on it. I’ve always been a fan of their dinner menu, especially of their lasagna genovese, and was pleasantly surprised to see that their brunch fare was just as great.

Up next, my top three dishes from Macchialina’s brunch menu:
  • Burrata Crostino: how can you go wrong with burrata? This one is served over a two slices of crunchy, rustic bread, with heirloom tomatoes, basil and topped with a generous slice of prosciutto. A very simple dish, but the high quality ingredients make it a must try.

  • Eggs Macchialina: this is definitely the most popular brunch item in the menu. I kept seeing servers coming out of the kitchen with this dish, so naturally, I had to try it! As expected, it didn’t disappoint, and in fact, this is probably my favorite dish of the brunch menu, despite its simple appearance. Fluffy poached eggs over toasted bread and sweet potatoes, with a layer of fonduta cheese in the middle made the dish so tasty, that my taste buds tingled with happiness. 

  • Italian Toast: Macchialina’s version of the French toast consists of a thin slice of panettone (a traditional Italian sweet bread), drenched in maple pecan butter and tiny bits of crunchy prosciutto. Some of you might be turned off by the thought of having meat mixed with your dessert, but I ask you to trust me on this one, as the combination works beautifully. The barely salted prosciutto complements the sweetness of the maple quite nicely, but wasn’t too strong, letting the dessert do its work.
Even though these dishes are available to order a la carte, I suggest you go for the prix fixe Chef Breakfast, which includes all three of them (as well as some other options to choose from) plus a brunch signature cocktail for only $35 per person.

If you find yourself stuck in a brunch rut next weekend, go the Italian way with Macchialina. You will not be disappointed!

Love,
Miami Mich

Macchialina: 820 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Macchialina Taverna Rustica on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment