Saturday, August 2, 2014

Verde Review: Brunch at the PAMM Museum

Eggs Benedict from Verde
Museum dining has a bad rep. Think about it. At least in my experience, when I think about the last couple of museums that I visited, whether it was while on vacation in Europe or spending a weekend in NY, it’s always the same thing: museum food ends up being an afterthought, something I just decide upon on the spot, if it looks good.

Well, my friends, I am happy to admit that today, I have been proven wrong. In my never ending search for a different type of brunch other than the typical South Beach hotel or Lincoln Road experience, I ended up paying a visit to Verde, the restaurant at the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), in Downtown. This modern, waterfront restaurant has become one of the main attractions of the beautiful PAMM building, attracting hoards of people practically all week long, for both for lunch and dinner.

Even though Verde’s indoor, air-conditioned seating might look tempting given the summer heat, I strongly recommend going for a table outside, which allows you to enjoy the beautiful view of Biscayne Bay.

The gorgeous terrace at the PAMM
When it comes to my experience at Verde, I have to say that I was quite impressed both by the top quality of their food as well as their reasonable pricing, most of their brunch dishes being under $15.

Upon analyzing the menu with my friend, we decided to go for brunch classics: the Gruyere Omelet and the Eggs Benedict. The Eggs Benedict were made to perfection, and the omelet was so fluffy and cheesy that it felt like a gruyere pillow in my mouth (in a good way!). We also ordered a side of crispy, thin cut fries which came with a curry mustard dipping sauce that was ah-mazing.

Iced Cappuccino: perfect to enjoy while sitting outside.
All this we downed with refreshing iced cappuccinos, though I must admit that I experienced some serious FOMO when I saw my neighbors Passionfruit/Cilantro Caipirinha, but I decided against it and save the calories for the French beignets dessert, which was well worth it. These fluffy balls of heaven are as divine as they look in the pictures, and the best part was that, just as I was about to order a 2nd cup of coffee to dip them in (my favorite guilty pleasure), back came the waiter with a creamy chocolate and coffee dipping sauce. The combination was just perfect!

The only down side of having all this delicious brunchy fare is that I couldn’t help but devour it all. Needless to say, I felt a quite stuffed afterwards, so the visit to the museum came in very handy to walk it off.

In a way, Verde proved my museum dining theory wrong in more than one way. Not only was their food fantastic, but also, it ended up attracting me in such a way that the visit to the museum ended up being the afterthought. The great thing is that you don’t need to get a ticket to the museum to enjoy Verde, but, since you are there, I would always recommend checking it out! Their exhibitions change all the time, and there’s always something interesting and new to explore at the PAMM.

Enjoy!

Miami Mich

Gruyere Omelet and Curry Fries
Beignets with chocolate & coffee dipping sauce.
Don't be jealous! You can have them too! :)
Out lovely host, Douglas, gave us a warm welcome.

A visit to the PAMM: a must, before or after dining at Verde.

Verde Restaurant: 1103 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, FL 33132.

1 comment:

  1. By far one of my favorite new places in Miami :)

    ReplyDelete