Monday, July 7, 2014

The Cheese Course in Midtown Miami


Being a big fan of France and its food, I am always on the look out for cute little outdoor cafes where I can enjoy a nice glass of wine and a delicious cheese plate and pretend I am in Paris for a bit. Fortunately, The Cheese Course in Midtown helps me fulfill my cheese and Europe cravings every time!

Every time I walk into The Cheese Course, my mouth melts a little bit with the aromas of the different cheeses from around the world, which you can take home by the pound or eat there in their adorable outdoor terrace (they have indoor seating as well, but the outdoor area is even more charming!).


If you are new to The Cheese Course, I would suggest starting with a cheese platter, which is served with an accompaniment and an incredibly fresh French baguette that is perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I can confidently say that I’ve tried all their cheeses, and my all time fave is Prima Donna, a mix of Parmigiano Reggiano and Gouda that is great when paired with cranberry raspberry relish. Hmmm. I kind of wish I could have some right now!

One of the things I love the most about about The Cheese Course, is that they ALWAYS have samples of cheese and bread. Who doesn't love free samples, even if it is just fresh mozzarella?

Also, their sandwiches and salads are not to be missed! The French Field Greens salad, with creamy goat cheese, cranberries and greens, has a champagne vinaigrette/mustardy dressing that is unique and practically impossible to replicate (trust me, I’ve tried!).


French Field Greens Salad
I have yet to try a sandwich from The Cheese Course that I didn’t like, but if you want a recommendation, go for the Spanish Serrano & Manchego or the Applewood Bacon. This last one is served hot and has melted Gouda and crispy bacon and never ever disappoints.

Scrambled eggs & bacon sandwich
Last but not least, they also offer cheese tastings and wine pairings and other little events that are perfect for all those cheese and wine fans out there. I have been dying to try their mozzarella making class, but I’ll be checking it out soon and sharing all about it right here!

And… don’t worry, you don’t have to share my fixation with France to enjoy The Cheese Course… They have cheeses from all around the world, so you surely will find something to love at this place! 

XOXO,
Miami Mich

The Cheese Course Midtown, 3451 NE 1st Ave Miami, FL 33137
The Cheese Course on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment