Friday, July 18, 2014

Ceviche With a View


Being a foodie in South Beach can present its challenges sometimes. As a SoBe resident, one of the things that I enjoy doing is going to the beach, and with this weather, jumping in the water is probably one of the few outdoor activities you can pull off without completely melting. However, this fun activity of mine usually poses the same question as 12 pm comes around:  to eat or not to eat? And if so, what?

Of course, if you are laying comfortably on your towel or beach chair, the last thing you want to do is  walk several blocks to the nearest restaurant. But don't worry, my friend, I have the perfect solution for you: just order delivery from My Ceviche!

Traditional ceviche (and obviously, not my leg!)
This neat little spot is located in the former kitchen of a hostel in South of Fifth, and it's basically just that: a small kitchen with a window. Even though this might not sound very appealing, their ceviche, tacos, burritos, and other fish dishes are always fresh, perfectly packaged and delivered to you in approximately 40 minutes. And that is a winner in my book!

Some of my favorites from My Ceviche are the aji amarillo ceviche, the fish tacos and the octopus burrito, which is filled with coconut rice. This last one pairs beautifully with spicy mayo, and I would strongly recommend it if you are very hungry because it will fill you up and cause you to go into a  blissful food coma… or a nice nap on the beach, as I like to call it.

Another thing I love about this place is that all their orders come with a bag of popcorn, which is covered in spicy chilies and lime, is not too strong and gives just the right kick when mixed with the ceviche.

I’m not gonna lie, their portions are not enormous, but they are just the right size. All their ceviches are super healthy and light so you will not feel like a total pig afterwards… which is definitely something we can all appreciate if when hanging out in our bathing suits!
Enjoy!
Miami Mich

My Ceviche South Beach, 235 Washington Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
My Ceviche Brickell, 1250 S Miami Ave Miami, FL 33131


My Ceviche on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment